LWB’s newest and most innovative program, the Impact: Leadership in Education experience brings together the region’s education professionals for a series of interactive sessions designed to empower teachers to be progressive agents of positive change within schools. Impact combines the best of Leadership Wilkes-Barre’s nationally award winning Core program with the intricate needs of local education. A collaborative effort with the support of public and private schools throughout Luzerne County, the Impact experience offers K-12 classroom educators the chance to participate in LWB’s transformative development curriculum. Impact participants will:
- Build leadership skills needed to adapt and thrive in challenging environments and to improve school culture and educational outcomes
- Gain effective communication skills that can be directly implemented in the classroom and beyond
- Better understand personal communication and behavioral styles
- Build bridges between business and education
- Engage in an analysis of the public education system and develop an awareness of the community at large
- Connect with an accomplished group of civic leaders from the field of education as well as the government and private sectors
- Network with professionals from more than sixteen public and private school districts, compare best practices and challenges
- Successfully complete a School Impact Project
- Earn up to 90 Act 48 credits
Recruitment for the Impact Class of 2020 is underway. Click here to download the application.
For more information, contact Jessica Cronauer at (570) 270-5323.